On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 05:04:47AM +0000, Markus Braun said:
> Hi,
> i looked at the Readme.DEbian and found this here:

[ some instructions ]

>   deny  message = This message contains a virus: ($malware_name) please scan
> your system.
>
> I have addes this lines to my configuration, but the ZIP Eicar testfile
> comes directly in my mailbox, but i think some other virus mails are
> blocked. This is some text of the rejectlog:

[ no log lines containing the above message ]

These are not being blocked by the malware stanza.

> Can i test it with another virust test string?

I don't think this is the problem.  grep for the message in your exim
logs.  If you get no hits, clamav has not seen anything it thinks is a
virus.

At that point, I would start looking in the clamav logs to see if there
are error messages related to scanning, I might add LogClean to the
config file to see if it is actually invoked, etc.
|  Stephen Gran                  | linux: because a PC is a terrible thing |
|  [EMAIL PROTECTED]             | to waste ([EMAIL PROTECTED] put this on   |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | Tshirts in '93)                         |