On Mon, 2005-12-19 at 08:45 -0500, Adam L wrote:
> Well, the funny thing is, top posting ultimately helps my signal to
> noise ratio.  I can immediately see if the new content of the mail is
> relevant.

You'd see that with bottom-posted replies, too, if all bottom posters
*also* trimmed the quote down to the bits they're actually replying to.
This unfortunately isn't always the case, quotations often include
everything plus signature and list footer. Having to scroll three pages
down to read the reply is just as annoying as having the thread jumbled
up by top posters.

> I bottom post here because it is the requested etiquette of the list admins.

They etiquette should also state, just as clearly, that quotations
*must* be trimmed.

Cheers
Steffen.