Fajar hi, thanks.

> My guess is you have both /usr/bin/clamscan ( from RPM) and
> /usr/local/bin/clamscan (from manual build). The same goes for libs also.

mmmm. You are correct, thanks:

/usr/bin/ contains May 18, 2005  versions of

        clamav-config
        clamdscan
        clamscan
        freshclam

/usr/loca/bin contains December 12, 2005 versions of the same files...

So I'll nuke the older ones...

Thanks!

> Mixing RPMs and manual builds can lead to unexpected results, like the
> one you have. Unless you really know what you're doing.

Clearly I don't... :-( but I'm learning...

> BTW, is you use clamdscan then don't forget to restart clamd after upgrade.
mmm. It was part of the install, but I'm not really sure why I need
it, since cron invokes basic clamscan weekly?

Thanks again for the info...

Best regards, Andy