> Which means using CFLAGS="-static --static".
> In my case I also had to install gmp from source, as the built-in gmp in
> cygwin somehow doesn't work (you can ignore this, but freshclam will
> give warnings about digital signature).
>
> So in my case, the steps to build clamav from source are :
> -   install the built-in clamav from cygwin port, which should ensure
> that necessary dependencies are also installed
> -   install gmp and curl from source
> -   install clamav
>
> So, to use static libraries (well, almost static. You still need
> cygwin1.dll) and put binaries in c:\clamav, the configure line used was
> CFLAGS="-static --static -L/usr/local/lib" ./configure
> --prefix=/cygdrive/c/clamav --enable-id-check --disable-clamav
> --with-user=Administrator --with-group=Administrators

Thanks for all the help so far and I'm getting really close. I now have a
working version
but its got the digital signature problem so I'm now trying to figure out
how to install gmp and curl from source. Can someone give me a couple of
command examples or a script?

I also had to add cygminires.dll in addition to cygwin1.dll to the
clamav/bin directory. Does this surprise anyone? If so, what needs to be
done to eliminate it?

I've used Cygwin's setup.exe to "update" my install to the latest versions.
I find it odd that there are copies of cygwin1.dll out there newer than the
one installed by setup.exe.
Is there another way to update that file?

Regards,

Brad