George R. Kasica wrote:
Travis Rabe wrote:
And one of the lrgest complaints from going from Windows to Linux is the
lack of support and understanding from community groups.  WOW - so what if
he needs to be spoon fed?  I am sure all of us at sometime (if yoiu came
form WIndows) needed to be spoon fed.  If you didn't - then great and good
for you.

Spoon feed the guy, don't ridicule him.  Man.....
I don't see where there is any ridicule. Are you suggesting Windows people are delicate little flowers than require a gentle touch? That seems a bit of an insult.

You know I don't usually comment on behavior of folks in lists either
positive or negative but this touched a nerve here so you get to hear
it. Sorry live with it.

I've done IS for 24 years, WAY before there was an Internet as we see
it today and most of it has been in a Unix environment though I do
also work with Windows, Novell, DOS, you name it I've probably seen or
worked wit it over the years.
Frankly, the attitudes that I see from people like Dennis today make
me wish for the way things were a few years ago.

I've been at this 15 years longer than you for what it's worth, and I'm the only one here who gave the OP advice that was at all worth a damn for solving his problem. His first problem is he was given bad advice prior to arriving here with his question. I suggested testing that advice and even how to do it and he has now proven it was bad advice he received originally. With that out of the way we can now continue to work with him to get to the root cause of his crashes. He was not badgered (tormented), ridiculed, nor spoon-fed, was given the info needed (along with more bad advice) to get over the first hurdle and got it done. How bad can that be?

dp