On Tuesday November 28, 2006 at 02:13:29 (PM) Per Jessen wrote:

> Quick additional comment - I used to use the very same argument, but
> experience and age have taught me that people are stupid.

I would not say that. Perhaps absent-minded, absorbed, abstracted,
aimless, amnesic, benighted, bird-brained, blind to, blind, blundering,
bucolic, careless, caught napping, chance, comatose, country, cretinous,
cursory, daydreaming, dead to, deaf, deaf to, dense, disregardful,
distracted, doped , dreamy, easily pleased, forgetful, forgetting, gone,
gorked, green , haphazard, hasty, heedless, hidebound, home-grown,
homespun, hot-headed, ignorant, ill-advised, illiterate, imbecilic,
imperceptive, imprecise, imprudent, inaccurate, inadvertent, inadvisable,
inattentive, incautious, incognizant, incompetent, inconsiderate,
inconversant, indiscreet, indiscriminate, inexperienced, injudicious,
innocent, insensible, insular, involuntary, inward-looking, limited,
local, mindless, misinformed, mooning, moronic, naive, narrow,
narrow-minded, neglectful, negligent, nescient, new, newcomer, not
associated, not cognizant, not smart, novice, numb, oblivious, obtuse,
offhand, out cold , overlooking, parochial, pastoral, perfunctory, petty,
preoccupied, rash, reckless, regardless, rude, rural, rustic, sappy,
sectarian, senseless, shallow, slipshod, small-minded, small-town,
spaced out, spacey, stoned, strung out, superficial, thick, thoughtless,
unaccustomed, unacquainted, unaware, unconcerned, unconscious,
unconsidered, unconversant, uncultivated, uncultured, undesigned,
undiscerning, undiscriminating, uneducated, unenlightened, unexacting,
unfamiliar, unfamiliar with, unfussy, uninformed, uninitiated,
uninstructed, unintellectual, unintended, unintentional, unknowing,
unknowledgeable, unknown, unlearned, unlettered, unmeant, unmindful,
unnoticing, unobservant, unperceptive, unplanned, unpolished,
unpracticed, unread, unrecognizing, unschooled, unseasoned, unselective,
unskilled, unsuspecting, unused to, unversed, unversed in bigoted,
unwarned, unwary, unwise green, unwitting, unwitting careless, witless,
zonked apprenticed or  zonked brash; however,  I believe 'stupid' is too
harsh.

--
Gerard