Edward Dam wrote:
Thanks for the pointer.

It's similar, but not quite the same, in that the problems I have are with
the main and daily cvd files.  I am not a scripter by any stretch of the
imagination, but..

Is there someway I could do the same with main.cvd and daily.cvd? What I
mean is, would it be possible to modify freshclam so that when databases are
downloaded, it puts them in a tmp dir, runs the MD5 check, and if it fails,
NOT move them into the database directory, not notify CLAMD and deletes the
files?

Basically what I want to do is

check to see if there are new databases

if so, download to /tmp/clamtmp (for example)
MD5 verify the new download in /tmp/clamtmp

If good, move into the proper database dir and notify clamd (default
behaviour for me).

If bad, do nothing but delete the corrupt cvd.

This process would then repeat itself the next time freshclam runs.

This way I could ensure only GOOD .cvd files get set up, and clamav won't
die on me regularly

Thanks for the help...

I got the same error, except Freshclam retried...
main.cvd is up to date (version: 41, sigs: 73809, f-level: 10, builder: tkojm)
nonblock_recv: recv timing out (30 secs)
ERROR: Verification: MD5 verification error
Trying again in 5 secs...
ClamAV update process started at Wed Dec 13 10:51:38 2006
main.cvd is up to date (version: 41, sigs: 73809, f-level: 10, builder: tkojm)
WARNING: Mirror 206.154.202.213 is not synchronized.
Trying again in 5 secs...
ClamAV update process started at Wed Dec 13 10:53:22 2006
main.cvd is up to date (version: 41, sigs: 73809, f-level: 10, builder: tkojm)
daily.cvd updated (version: 2322, sigs: 7173, f-level: 9, builder: ccordes)
Database updated (80982 signatures) from db.us.clamav.net (IP: 208.67.80.27)
Clamd successfully notified about the update.

Does your's try again?
--
Thanks,
James