On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 08:49:14 -0500
"Edward Dam" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks everyone, for the replies and help.
>
> At this point, I am doing the only thing I can - removing clamav from the
> system, and using a mail security hardware device in front of the mail
> server.
>
> ClamAV is the *ONLY* thing repeatedly dying on this heavily used server.
> This server is a MySQL server, Samba Server, DHCP server, and Intranet web
> server. EVERYTHING else works fine, all the time. ClamAV dies almost daily,
> hanging the whole email system.
>
> I've now replaced RAM, CPUs and RAID controller in the system - no change in
> the problem. It's clear to me clamAV isn't getting along with something,
> somewhere.. but the only error I have to go by is
>
> " reload db failed: MD5 verification error "
>

> ...and the cause remains a mystery.. but I don't have the time or budget to
> go the "process of elimination" route,  as the powers that be are at a point

Hello Ed,

since the problem looks really weird I can offer you help and if you could
grant me with a user level access to the problematic machine I'd be very keen
to do some debugging.

Regards,

--
   oo    .....         Tomasz Kojm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  (\/)\.........         http://www.ClamAV.net/gpg/tkojm.gpg