On 2/15/07, Tomasz Kojm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
At least some basic information, eg. how you compiled ClamAV, did you use
--enable-experimental, platform details, etc.

I have the same problem on my systems.  Or, rather, I have the dying
problem.  It could be load related, but I'm not sure.  0.88.7 ran with
no problems as did all three RC releases.

Centos 4 (All of the latest updates)
clamd is run at startup, clamdscan is called from simscan for scanning

Platforms vary a little.  One machine is a 2.4 Ghz Intel Celeron, the
other two are 2.4 Ghz Intel Xeons.  Each machine has a gig of RAM.

I have an SRPM I use to build clam.  The build section is as follows :

%build
%configure \
%if %{!?_without_experimental:1}%{?_without_experimental:0}
  --enable-experimental \
  %endif
  --program-prefix=%{?_program_prefix} \
  %{!?_without_milter:--enable-milter} \
  --disable-clamav \
  --enable-id-check \
  --with-tcpwrappers \
  --with-user=clamav \
  --with-group=clamav \
  --disable-zlib-vcheck \
  --with-dbdir=%{_localstatedir}/lib/clamav
%{__make}

I don't use milter, so I don't bother compiling with it.

Uhhh..  Not sure what else to add.  Like Bill mentioned, there are no
error messages in either the clamd or freshclam log files, nor are
there any errors in the standard syslog files.

Suggestions?

   oo    .....         Tomasz Kojm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

--
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
[EMAIL PROTECTED]