On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 13:44 +1100, Graeme Nichols wrote:
> Bill Randle wrote:
> > On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 12:58 +1100, Graeme Nichols wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I tried to create a binary .rpm package from the clamav-0.90.tar.gz
> >> tarball using the command 'rpmbuild -tb clamav-0.90.tar.gz' which failed
> >> with the following errors:
> >>
> >> Is there a .spec file available for this tarball to enable me to build a
> >> .rpm binary under FC6 as there is no .rpm binary on the clamav
> >> repositories (no '6' directory at all)
> >>
> >> If not, is there any other way to build an .rpm binary package?
> >> Installing manually is not an option. Creates too many problems at a
> >> later date or when upgrading the distribution.
> >
> > Have you considered downloading an SRPM file for an earlier distro (FC5,
> > FC4) and build using that spec file? Chances are, it will work
> > unchanged on FC6.
>
> Hi Bill, nope, I hadn't thought of that but wouldn't I need a .src.rpm
> for the 0.90 release? Do you know how to get the spec file out of the
> older .src.rpm package for, say, FC5, and use it on the latest release
> tarball? I know enough in this area to get by but no more.

The FC5 repository for clamav-0.90 includes an SRPM and in addition,
he also keeps a copy of the spec file there:
  http://crash.fce.vutbr.cz/crash-hat/5/clamav/

Since there may be some RH/FC specific init files, etc., I'd start
with the SRPM file (clamav-0.90-1.src.rpm). Install this, then
use the spec file to build for FC6 (rpmbuild -bb clamav.spec).

        -Bill