Eric Hoeve wrote:
Graeme Nichols wrote:
Hello,

I tried to create a binary .rpm package from the clamav-0.90.tar.gz
tarball using the command 'rpmbuild -tb clamav-0.90.tar.gz' which failed
with the following errors:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] download]# rpmbuild -tb clamav-0.90.tar.gz
error: Name field must be present in package: (main package)
error: Version field must be present in package: (main package)
error: Release field must be present in package: (main package)
error: Summary field must be present in package: (main package)
error: Group field must be present in package: (main package)
error: License field must be present in package: (main package)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] download]#

Previous experience tells me this error is because there is no .spec
file in the tarball and I couldn't find one in the tarball.

Is there a .spec file available for this tarball to enable me to build a
.rpm binary under FC6 as there is no .rpm binary on the clamav
repositories (no '6' directory at all)

If not, is there any other way to build an .rpm binary package?
Installing manually is not an option. Creates too many problems at a
later date or when upgrading the distribution.

It would be very nice to have a .spec file included in the tarball
because distributions that use the RedHat Package Manager can create
their own .rpm binary obviating the need for the developers or whoever
to create one for each distribution.

Thanks.

You might want to take a look at:
http://atrpms.net/dist/fc6/clamav/

-Eric

Hello Eric, Thank you for that info. I didn't find that repository when I went searching on the net. I have bookmarked it.

Thanks again.

Kind regards,

Graeme.
Download my GnuPG public key from:-
http://www.users.tpg.com.au/gnichols/graemenichols.pub

Reality is just a crutch for people who can't handle science fiction.