On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 09:04:25PM -0600, Chris said:

> Thanks Stephen, short reply, I didn't write the script, have no idea how to
> modify it, I know nil about regex's and yes I did turn on scripted updates
> back when I installed the rpm I built on the 14th of Feb. As I said the
> script had been working fine until the 04:03 run this morning, which means it
> worked fine at 00:03 -> 03:03 and back to the initial update.

Well, I'm sorry to say, but I have too much on my plate right now to fix
the script for you.  I would suggest finding a perl guy and asking him
"how do I initialize variables before using them" or attempting to
follow my previous suggestion about how to do it.

My second and final guess as to why the script suddenly started emitting
warnings this morning is log rotation.  So long as things were still
matching in the old log, you wouldn't have seen a problem.  Once it
switches to a new log with only new style logging, you would.

But that's a shot in the dark, I'm afraid.
|  Stephen Gran                  | There ain't nothin' in this world       |
|  [EMAIL PROTECTED]             | that's worth being a snot over.         |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | -- Larry Wall in                        |
|                                | <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>     |