Hi list,

4 days ago me clamd started using 99.9% of me cpu. Without I had made
any changes on the server.
I use clamd together with amavis to scan mails for virus, clamd still
works it catches all virus mails that comes in throw mail.
But it slowes me server down alot(avaged time for a mail to leave the
server is now up to 10 to 15 min).

I have looked in the log files but nothing seems to be wrong, I have set
clamd to log verbose(but can not se any changes in the log, still only
gets a line when it finds a virus).
Is there a way to monitor clamd to see where i "hangs" or just what it
is doing?

Some background, when I restart clamd it starts out find only using
around 1 to 4% cpu(normal). But after runing for abort 30 min it starts
using 99.9% cpu and stays there until next restart for clamd.

The system is amavis, clamd and postfix.

Hopes this is the right forum for the Q, if not then please let me know.

Best regards

Marc