I know this is a little bit of a strange post but I am looking for a
test worm (or even a reasonably safe live one).  Does anyone know where
I can find one.

To explain a bit . . . I am the maintainer of the ISCS open source
network security management project (http://iscs.sourceforge.net).  We
recently set up a prototype of integrating ISCS with 802.1x.  We believe
this will enable us to put a real dent in the LAN propagation of worms
(as well as other difficult to stop attacks like ARP poisoning) even on
completely unprotected stations.  All we need to test our hypothesis is
a worm to test with (in a completely isolated lab, of course) -
preferably one that propagates via LAN protocols as opposed to e-mail or
IM.

I've been googling around for a few hours and am surprised that I did
not find anything - a worm equivalent to eicar.  I suppose I could save
a bunch of SPAM attachments and scan them but I'd really rather do
something a bit more controlled and safe! Can anyone point me in the
right direction? Thanks - John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation

Financially sustainable open source development
http://www.opensourcedevel.com