On Tue, October 30, 2007 10:15 am, David F. Skoll said:

> (Our customers, in fact, always run ClamAV in conjunction with an
> anti-spam scanner, so it's no benefit to them to have Clam try to do
> anti-spam.)

I usually find it a detriment: ClamAV is nowhere _near_ as good at
distinguishing spam/phish emails as a most spam filters, and is much more
prone to false-positives in particular.  So a 'spam' match from ClamAV
means 'examine this file manually' whereas a spam match from a spam filter
goes in the spambucket where it can be safely be ignored/deleted unless
there is a reason to check it.

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.