On October 29, 2007 06:53 pm Joe Clements wrote:
> For what it is worth, Linux will only forge ahead in the market by
> improvements in 2 areas. One of them is security. I would like to see
> 1 security suite which has the capability to deal with ALL threats.
> Windows security has to have an anti virus, anti trojan, adware and
> malware protection, an anti browser hijacker, a rootkit checker, a
> secure firewall, and these are all separate programs. Pardon me if I
> missed one out. When Linux guarantees protection from all these
> threats in 1 package, then one major hurdle holding back a greater
> uptake of Linux will have been removed.

That flies in the face of the Unix philosophy of having a large toolkit
full of small, single-purpose apps that do one thing, one thing only, and
one thing really really well.  Multi-purpose, jack-of-all-trades,
swiss-army-knife bloatware is a Windows thing.  Let's keep it there.

--
Freddie Cash, LPIC-2 CCNT CCLP      Network Support Technician
School District 73                  (250) 377-HELP [377-4357]