On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 08:46:31AM -0700, Dennis Peterson wrote:

> > Until today you made no mention of static linking in this thread, if
> > you had you may have had different answers ;)
>
> The question was all about linking and can have no other subtext,
> premise, or context, and was based on information I saw on the
> website. That site shows only libclamav in the diagram. Even if it had
> shown usage with clamd the question is still valid, and one a
> programmer should understand.
>
> Now I'm so damned curious I've downloaded it and created a Linux
> sandbox to try it out on.

It works great on Solaris too. Even better, since it doesn't have problems
with mandatory locking on tmpfs.

I don't know if static linking will bring any benefits (or that it works
with ClamAV, never tried). You might as well package the correct dynamic
libraries together with HAVP, if you want easy packages. ClamAV API is not
that stable, but only major versions (0.92->0.93) are supposed change the
library version or functionality. So recompiling is not needed very often.