On Mar 20, 2008, at 10:51 PM, René Berber wrote:
> Dennis Peterson wrote:

>>> Well - have a look and find out for yourself. It supports both
>>> linking
>>> against libclamav and merely calling clamd like clamdscan does. So
>>> "yes"
>>> and "no" are the answer.
>>
>> You seemed like a happy customer with real life experience with the
>> product - what better testimony? I thought to myself, so I'll ask.
>> How
>> could I know you were actually an asshat?
>
> Did you read the answer?
>
> It's clear there are two use options, with one the answer is positive,
> with the other use option, is negative.

Answers of the RTMF type will never be popular with me. I did visit
the web site prior to asking the question and learned the docs are in
the tarball, nothing on line. I saw a diagram that showed clamlib
embedded which made me curious. I've recently installed squid here and
was interested in exploring av integration. As I said, the poster
appeared to be enthusiastic about the product and would perhaps have
helpful information regarding it. And while his answer was correct, it
was not helpful.

dp