Sripati Prasad padhy wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> Please help me. I have clamav 0.88 installed on my Postfix Mail Server. Can
> I uninstall the rpm & install the new Clamav 0.92 rpm Please help.
>
> Regards,
> Sripati Prasad Padhy
> Mobile - +919818274355

Three things:

1. Please don't top post. Put your reply after the quoted text and trim
out unnecessary quotation.

2. Please start a new thread if you are not actually replying to an
existing thread, and create an appropriate subject. The thread you have
attached your question to is not about updating clamav.

3. Give some more details of your system, OS version, distribution etc.
so that more targeted answers can be given.

A broad answer to your question is, yes it is easy to upgrade, but you
will need to have edited your configuration files as there have been
changes since 0.88.

Building or obtaining new 0.93 rpms is possible, without knowing about
your system it is difficult to be sure if there are pre-built rpms to
download, but you can easily rebuild them by editing the .spec file and
using rpmbuild. Note that on some systems, building with the old rpms
installed has led to incorrect linking of shared libraries, you may need
to remove the old rpms before building and then installing the new ones.

Installation is a matter of:

Stop clam daemons.
Install new rpms, rpm -Uvh or rpm -Fvh will do this.
Ensure your new .conf files are correct.
Restart daemons.

Does that help you enough?

--

Brian