Hi there,

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 Brian Morrison wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 10:59:29 +0100 G.W. Haywood wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 18 Aug 2008, Luca Gibelli wrote:
> >
> > > ... release candidate for 0.94.
> >
> > I started to download it, but when I saw that it was going to be just
> > under 20 megabytes I cancelled it.
>
> Well it's not *that* big!

My point was that it's ten times as big as it should be and apparently
it's growing without bound.  This is because it contains a database,
which is of course probably a useless copy of the one already on the
machine which will be running the new version of clamav.  If it isn't,
that's most probably because it's out of date, and it will be deleted.

It's insane.

Bandwidth costs money.  How big will the database have to grow before
the ClamAV team starts to take notice?  Fifty megabytes?  A hundred?

We can be sure that the ingenuity of the malware authors is not going
to be the limiting factor.

--

73,
Ged.