On 2009-03-17 20:19, George R. Kasica wrote:
>> On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 20:07:19 +0200, you wrote:
>>

>> On 2009-03-17 20:02, George R. Kasica wrote:
>>
>>> I'm not sure how to use crle to do this, so I just added to the
>>> LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting.
>>>
>>> All seems well at this point, and you were correct, I wasn't looking
>>> to disable the feature.
>>>
>>> Why does this not occur in Red Hap ES4 but on Solaris?
>>>
>> Because on Red Hat you probably installed to /usr/local/lib or /usr/lib,
>> which is already in the runtime linker's
>> search path?
>>
> No, both are installed to /usr/local/clamav same for both OS types
> here, it makes maintaining this easier on 52 servers when only 2 are
> Solaris and the rest are Red Hat EL4.

That sounds like a bug (in configure, or libtool maybe?).
Please open a bugreport on bugs.clamav.net, and provide the following
information:
* uname -a
* the full configure line
* attach config.log
* attach clamav-config.h
* attach the output of the following, both when LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set
and not set: truss clamscan test/clam-v*.rar
* attach the output of the following from your RHEL4 box: strace
clamscan test/clam-v*.rar

If it is a libtool problem I'll forward it upstream.

Best regards,
--Edwin