Am 2009-06-18 10:04, Tom Shaw schrieb:
 > At 1:35 AM +0200 6/18/09, Udo Stifter wrote:
 > >Hallo,
 > >
 > >zur Zeit nutze ich ClamAV 0.95.1 auf meinem PowerMac G4 (933 MHz,
 > >1.25 GB SDRAM, Mav OS X 10.4.11).
 > >Seit einigen Tagen meldet freshclam folgende Fehler:
 > >--------------------------------------
 > >ClamAV update process started at Wed Jun 17 21:45:00 2009
 > >WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED!
 > >WARNING: Local version: 0.95.1 Recommended version: 0.95.2
 > >DON'T PANIC! Read http://www.clamav.net/support/faq
 > >main.cld is up to date (version: 51, sigs: 545035, f-level: 42,
 > >builder: sven)
 > >Downloading daily-9466.cdiff [100%]
 > >ERROR: chdir_tmp: Can't create directory ./clamav-
 > >f2e7533e176a61f5a916c398ddacf497
 > >WARNING: Incremental update failed, trying to download daily.cvd
 > >Downloading daily.cvd [100%]
 > >daily.cvd updated (version: 9478, sigs: 30118, f-level: 43, builder:
 > >ccordes)
 > >WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED!
 > >WARNING: Current functionality level = 42, recommended = 43
 > >DON'T PANIC! Read http://www.clamav.net/support/faq
 > >Database updated (575153 signatures) from database.clamav.net (IP:
 > >130.59.10.36)
 > >Clamd successfully notified about the update.
 > >
 > >Leider ist die Website http://www.clamav.net/support/faq nicht
 > >wirklich hilfreich für mich.
 > >Wer kann mir helfen, das Update auf meinem PowerMac durchzuführen?
 >
 > Udo
 >
 > Where did you get the install for clamav on the
 > Mac?  If you created it yourself just rebuild
 > using the never revision. If you got it from
 > somewhere else (fink, macports, etc) just go back
 > to that repository. You can also get a OSX
 > install using ClamAV default configuration at
 > http://www.oitc.com/ctw/clamav This will take
 > care of the warning "Your ClamAV installation is
 > OUTDATED!"
 >
 > However, the "ERROR: chdir_tmp: Can't create
 > directory" indicates your istall has permissions
 > problems.
 >
 > Tom

I downloaded the install package ClamXav_1.1.1_Universal_e951.dmg from
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/networking_security/ for free.
The ERROR: chdir_tmp: Can't create directory ./clamav-
f2e7533e176a61f5a916c398ddacf497
depends on a faulty installation  routine I think.
Im just a simple Mac user not a developer. So I need someone who
tells me what to do step by step.
I'm not familiar with Unix and cannot build any installation package
by myself.
The web site http://www.oitc.com/ctw/clamav doesn't help. I'm using
OS X 10.4.11, not OS X 10.5!

Udo