At 7:48 AM -0600 21/6/09, s...@softhome.net wrote:
>I have installed ClamAV 95.2 on G4 10.4.11 without a glitch.
>I also have ClamXav installed - there is no conflict between
>the two since they are installed in different directories. There is
>no problem with updates. clamXav is updated by the Sentry and ClamAV with
>freshclam. In configure you have to bypass the bug PR28045.
>Cheers

I presume the PR280045 bug is only an issue on 10.4.x. I have never
seen any compiler errors compiling on 10.5.x

clamXav still uses freshclam to update the virus db. Clicking "Open
Update log" opens freshclam.log.. Automatic update schedule is set in
clamXav:Preferences and I think does not require Sentry to be running.

clamXav Sentry provides the "folder watching" feature.

I have questioned whether clamXav needs it own antivirus database. My
clamXAV works fine with the standard clamAV default build/install,
using a symlink to redirect /usr/local/clamXav to /usr/local, since
the instructions for clamXav BYO engines didn't work for me.

ClamAV install requires one permission tweak to enable incremental
updates. Incremental updates are still broken in clamXav. clamXav
install does not support digital signatures either.

(See earlier thread on the Can't create directory error for informed
answer on how to fix the permissions problem properly.)

--
Ian Cheong
ian.che...@acm.org