On 2009-11-22 18:14, Michael Piscopo wrote:
> Hi all!  This is my first post here and I’m hoping someone can help me find
> a solution to a scanning issue I’m having.
>
> WARNING: Can't access file /mnt/my_server
> /mnt/my_server: Value too large for defined data type

Is this on a 32-bit system?
This is the same error message (value too large for defined data type)
as if I try to do anything
on an xfs filesystem mounted with inode64 in a 32-bit chroot: that error
comes from stat system call.
Probably the same thing for CIFS.

Can you stat a file on that FS?

Try running sudo strace  clamscan /path/to/file/on/cifs 2>log, and grep
that for calls to stat.

> I think I’ve decided it’s either something unique about the smbfs not
> responding as expected to file i/o requests, or something odd in the way
> clamscan is trying to open files (possibly a timeout value).   But that’s
> just speculation on my part since doing the same scan against anything local
> works just fine.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
--Edwin