Eric Rostetter wrote:

Put bluntly, if people had admitted early on that perhaps it could have been handled better, that perhaps they didn't consider all classes/types of user, and that it is perhaps not unreasonable that users could be a trifle annoyed ... then this **WOULD** have blown over ages ago.

I've admitted this often, from the beginning, and my posts are largely
ignored, or refuted, or I'm insulted/slandered/etc.  So, this isn't
a true statement.

If I've overlooked the one person who did admit that, then I apologise to you. there are plenty of people who have not, and it appears will never, make such an admission.

--
Simon Hobson