On 4/21/10 11:08 PM, Steve Holdoway wrote:

Alienating those 'asshat whiners' will revert them to being windows
admins, and our career prospects dwindle ever further.

I'm over that, too. It means I'll always have a job if there is no competition. I don't have any notion of ever being a Windows admin (else why all the study of computer science?) so can't relate to your concern. Fact is I'm old and tired and long for the promise of retirement. I'm 64 now but if I were 20 and just getting into this business I'd listen to me. I know many immutable things about data centers. It's a vanishing art.

dp