On Mar 15, 2011, at 4:48 PM, TR Shaw wrote:

> Look at your config file. You don't need to scan all more than probably 200KB
> of a file.

So you are suggesting I use the MaxScanSize directive to limit scans to the
first 200KB of each file?  (i.e., add a line to clamd.conf: MaxScanSize 200KB).

I imagine that would speed things up nicely....  :-)

> If you're using google; don't. It will help for email but probably will not
> help finding badness on a file server. Likewise with unofficials. Not all
> unofficials are appropriate for your application.

Sorry, Tom, I don't have the knowledge to understand this.

> Lastly when you complied you clamd what compiler options did you pick?

I updated the bzip-related libraries and made sure I was using GCC 3.3.

LDFLAGS="-O3 -L/opt/local/lib"

./configure --prefix=/usr/local --mandir=/usr/local/share/man
--sysconfdir=/private/etc/spam/clamav/new --enable-bigstack --with-user=clamav
--enable-static --with-group=clamav --with-dbdir=/var/clamav
--datadir=/var/clamav

Then, make and install.

Russ Tyndall
Wake Forest, NC