Hi--

On Aug 19, 2011, at 12:40 PM, Tom Goerger wrote:
> I'm attempting to compile a 64 bit version of 0.97.2 on Solaris 9, and
> running into some issues.  Version 0.96.4 compiled fine in the same
> environment that we're using now, but both this version and 0.97.1 did not
> seem to compile correctly.  The configure does not come out with any errors,
> but upon trying to run make, standard error starts spewing a bunch of
> messages like this:
>
> "bytecode_api.h", line 63: warning: enumerator value overflows INT_MAX
> (2147483647)
>  CC     libclamav_la-readdb.lo
>
> A make check results in failed clamdscan and clamd checks as well.  Any idea
> why this might be going on?  Any information I can provide that might help?

I wonder if your platform is LP64 rather than ILP64?  The output from:

  http://homepages.cwi.nl/~steven/enquire.html

...is likely to be informative.

Taking a closer look at libclamav/bytecode_api.h, however, it looks like it is
assuming you can put an unsigned int value into an enum, but I don't believe
there is a requirement in ANSI / C89 that an enum can hold anything bigger than
a normal (ie, signed) int:

enum {
  /** Invalid RVA specified */
  PE_INVALID_RVA = 0xFFFFFFFF
};

Are you compiling with gcc?  I believe there is a GNU compiler extension which
does do the enum type swizzling to permit such usage, but it's not a portable
assumption AFAIK....

Regards,
--
-Chuck