On Sep 29, 2011, at 9:01 AM, Török Edwin wrote:

On 09/29/2011 04:32 PM, Phil Schilling wrote:
I just installed 0.97.2 on a NetBSD 5.1 x86 box. When running freshclam it hangs after Downloading daily-13703.cdiff [100%]. It can sit there forever and not give the console back. There are two running freshclam processes while this happens. It also does the same thing with clamd when starting the process. It will give you the Bytecode: Security mode set to "TrustSigned" and then not give the console back. If you CTRL-C it will give you the console and the clamd process continues to run as normal.

This may be due to a change in configuration that I have been unable to find, if so a good hit with the clue bat would be appreciated. I have not seen this problem on any other box. Thanks

Shouldn't hang, thats a bug. Doesn't freshclam timeout after a while though?
If you run  clamscan --debug, what are the last lines that it prints?

Torok,
I gave freshclam one half hour and it did not time out. Here are the last lines from the console and it hangs there, no return to console prompt.

LibClamAV debug: emax_reached: marked parents as non cacheable
LibClamAV debug: cli_magic_scandesc: returning 0  at line 1981
LibClamAV debug: in cli_magic_scandesc (reclevel: 0/16)
LibClamAV debug: cache_check: 5b19bc7252468a9a6c21fc9c0c768b6d is negative
LibClamAV debug: Recognized ASCII text
LibClamAV debug: hashtab: Freeing hashset, elements: 0, capacity: 0
LibClamAV debug: in cli_scanscript()
LibClamAV debug: cache_add: 5b19bc7252468a9a6c21fc9c0c768b6d (level 0)
LibClamAV debug: cli_magic_scandesc: returning 0  at line 2388
LibClamAV debug: Cleaning up phishcheck
LibClamAV debug: Freeing phishcheck struct
LibClamAV debug: Phishcheck cleaned up
LibClamAV debug: entconv: Destroying iconv pool:0x8287f40
LibClamAV debug: entconv: closing iconv:0x81de9a0

Thanks

Phil