Hello everybody,

I'm getting the following error trying to scan a file:

WARNING: myfilename: Can't access file
myfilename: Value too large for defined data type

It seems that this error can be caused by different problems like a wrong inode number when mounting CIFS or very large files. (Suggested by some websites and old mailing list entries.)

I have three questions:

1. How do I find out which value really causes the issue?
2. How do I scan very large files?
3. How do I find out what the current maximum file size for scanning is? The man page says the default is 25 MB but it is not set in /etc/clamav/ anywhere and I have scanned files larger than that.

It would be great if you could clear up some of these points for me.

Best,
Simon