Hi, Edwin!

On 14.10.2011 11:02, Török Edwin wrote:
On 10/14/2011 11:49 AM, Simon Friedberger wrote:

It seems that this error can be caused by different problems like a wrong inode
number when mounting CIFS or very large files. (Suggested by some websites and
old mailing list entries.)

What is your filesystem? What is your kernel ('uname -mrsp')?
The filesystem is ext3 and the kernel is Linux 2.6.26-2-686 i686 unknown (uname -mrsp output).

Are you running a 32-bit or 64-bit ClamAV? ('file /usr/bin/clamscan' will tell
you)
Well, since the entire system is 32-bit...

/usr/bin/clamscan: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.8, stripped

I have three questions:

1. How do I find out which value really causes the issue?

Does 'stat myfilename' work?
Yes.

2. How do I scan very large files?

I don't think its the file's size the problem, but rather its inode.
Use a 64-bit clamscan/clamd if your filesystem uses 64-bit inodes.
Well, I don't think that's the problem here, because stat works, right? The filesize is 2.8 GB, btw.

3. How do I find out what the current maximum file size for scanning is? The
man page says the default is 25 MB but it is not set in /etc/clamav/ anywhere
and I have scanned files larger than that.

If you scan something outside the limits you don't get an error, you get an OK.
Oh, okay. So how do I find out what the limit is?

Best,
Simon