On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 5:53 AM, Ильяс Досхожаев <teriyaki...@mail.ru>wrote:

> i updated clamav to last   0.97.5 on debian , nevertheless it show error
> #freshclam
> ClamAV update process started at Mon Aug 13 15:49:41 2012
> WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED!
> WARNING: Local version: 0.97.3 Recommended version: 0.97.5
> DON'T PANIC! Read http://www.clamav.net/support/faq
> main.cvd is up to date (version: 54, sigs: 1044387, f-level: 60, builder:
> sven)
> WARNING: Can't download daily.cvd from 10.2.3.21
> Trying again in 5 secs...
>
> Is it ok?
>

> Sun, 12 Aug 2012 21:45:54 -0700 от Al Varnell <alvarn...@mac.com>:
> >

> >On 8/12/12 9:01 PM, "Ильяс Досхожаев" <teriyaki...@mail.ru> wrote:
> >

> > I created local repository on 80 port of my server so other servers
> which have
> >
> > no internet access could update from there  and put  files main.cvd,
> >
> > daily.cvd, bytecode.cvd om local repository and made one server to
> update from
> >
> > local repository.
> >

> Then you must modify freshclam.conf with "ScriptedUpdates no" on each
> >
> client.
> >

> -Al-
> >

> --
> >
> Al Varnell
> >
> Mountain View, CA

> Help us build a comprehensive ClamAV guide: visit http://wiki.clamav.net
> >http://www.clamav.net/support/ml

> Help us build a comprehensive ClamAV guide: visit http://wiki.clamav.net
> http://www.clamav.net/support/ml
>

>> WARNING: Can't download daily.cvd from 10.2.3.21
freshclam is complaining that it cannot get the CVD file from your private
mirror. Since you are forcing the client servers to check only your private
mirror, that is not okay. There is no other mirror it can try. I doubt we
can help with that, but your web logs on 10.2.3.21 should show the servers
requesting the CVD files. If you do not see any web requests for daily.cvd
in the web logs on the mirror, then you have a firewall or network or
interface issue to fight. If the requests are in the log, it could be
conflicting with your own CVD update scripts.

I can tell you that your first log in this thread did show a successful
download and update of daily.cvd.
>> daily.cvd updated (version: 15227, sigs: 250068, f-level: 63, builder:
guitar)
From a protection perspective, lines like these are what you want to see on
your servers. I know the warnings about the diff file attempts in that
first log are noisy, but the full download did lead to a successful update.
Al was right about turning off the patch checks with the ScriptedUpdate
setting in your client config.

Dave R.

--
---