On 2/26/14, 12:32 PM, Shawn Webb wrote:
On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 1:01 PM, Dennis Peterson <denni...@inetnw.com>wrote:

On 2/26/14, 8:08 AM, Joel Esler (jesler) wrote:

On Friday last week I put a blog post up about introducing OpenSSL into
the ClamAV ecosystem.  I wanted to make sure everyone saw it, so please
have a look at the blog post here:

http://blog.clamav.net/2014/02/introducing-openssl-as-dependency-to.html

--
Joel Esler | Threat Intelligence Team Lead | Open Source Manager |
Vulnerability Research Team

Is this an openssl library requirement for run-time or a full openssl
development requirement (surely yes if we wish to build it, of course)?

dp

Hey Dennis,

OpenSSL will be required to both compile and run ClamAV.

Thanks,

Shawn

It has an incremental install, so the question is is the full binary set required on the mail server? Normally I would not include dev tools on a mail appliance.

dp