On Saturday, September 13, 2014 12:07:46 Gene Heskett wrote:
> And then even more time to convince TPTB in charge of the major
> distributions, that the upgrade needs to find its way into their repo's.
> I am on an older ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS install, with enough X and kde to get
> what I want, but that also has its drawbacks as I am stuck with a patched
> up 98.1.
>
> This is also a problem that needs to be addressed in closed door sessions
> with the Ubuntu's, SuSe's and Red Hat's of the industry, building a fire
> under their packagers occasionally.  Its a cost of doing business,
> although I am not 100% aware of who is paying the bills for this project,
> I read rumors that might be just that so I won't propagate them.

Hello,

I'm the primary packager for clamav on Ubuntu.  Getting the current clamav
packages to work on an older system like 10.04 takes some work that I haven't
had time to do.

I'm a volunteer developer, so your ability to find someone who will like a fire
under me is probably somewhat limited.  I had planned on working on today, but
reading crap like this is totally demotivating.  I'll probably spend the time
on paid work instead.

Scott K