On 12/31/14 11:22 PM, Franklin Wang wrote:

I've tried nod32, Dr. Web, AVG, clamav(the only open source one?),
comodo, F-prot on the desktop(x86_64). Why can't I find reviews for
them? There're many reviews for Windows platform, but few for Linux
desktop, not server. Any suggestions? I'm using openSUSE now, with
rkhunter, AIDE, gpg installed.

The signatures are what do the work. What OS the tool is compiled for is not so important. ClamAV probably is not significantly different on OS X, Windows, Linux, or Solaris because the signatures are the same everywhere. The binaries, no matter the OS, just run. Rather well, in fact.

dp