Scott Kitterman <deb...@kitterman.com> wrote:

>> Is "harmless" supposed to include "not installable" ?
>
> No.  What's not installable?
>
> Install clamav-daemon (with the lib) and don't worry about it.

Given that I wouldn't be bothered at all if SystemD was "just" an init system,
it's all the other crap I want to keep out. Do you really think I'm going to
allow a SystemD library (who's package description gives no clues about it's
functions or intentions) onboard ?

If ClamD is only using this library if SystemD is installed, then presumably
it'll work without that library when SystemD isn't installed ? So all I need is
a dummy (empty) package that "provides" whatever apt is looking for to satisfy
the installation dependency ?