On Friday, June 19, 2015 02:20:12 PM Simon Hobson wrote:
> Scott Kitterman <deb...@kitterman.com> wrote:
> >> Given that I wouldn't be bothered at all if SystemD was "just" an init
> >> system, it's all the other crap I want to keep out. Do you really think
> >> I'm going to allow a SystemD library (who's package description gives
> >> no clues about it's functions or intentions) onboard ?
> >
> > That strikes me as more than a little over cautious, but it's your system,
> > so meh.
> Since the more I find out about SystemD, the more I dislike it (I nearly
> wrote the less I like it, but that would imply something completely
> different), I don't think it's overly cautious. It's description says
> "systemd utility library", but then says "The libsystemd0 library provides
> interfaces to various systemd components" - so which is it, "stuff" (as
> implied by the first bit) or "interfaces to stuff" (as implied by the
> second bit) ? Given that "stuff" in this case is something I actively want
> to be nowhere near my systems, I hope any reasonable person could see why
> I'm not prepared to "install and not worry about".
>
> NB - It won't start without the library present. Since SystemD is *supposed*
> to be optional, I'll raise a bug report.

Since that lib isn't systemd, that's nonsense.  BTW, since I'm the primary
clamav maintainer in Debian, guess how much action your report is going to
get.

Please stop.  We are going to support the default init system.  We are not
going to require it.  We are not going to build an entirely separate package
to accommodate your paranoia.

If you  care so much, download the source package, modify it, and rebuild it
for your own use.  That's the best way to scratch this itch.

Scott K

P.S.  I'm finished with this thread.  Good luck.