Hi there,

On Fri, 10 Jun 2016, Van Dalsen, Herbie wrote:

Thank you for attacking people on my behalf(IT IS MY THREAD :)

It was a polite reminder of email etiquette, not an attack. ;)

but... do you have anything helpful to add to my problem (can I use
clamav on HP-UX? :)

Apologies, I had understood that your question had been answered.

The answer is, of course, "Yes, of course." ... :)

With things like ClamAV I prefer to build from source.  HP-UX does
offer a C compiler, of a sort.  It isn't much use but you can always
install gcc and the rest of the tools.  Will they let you do that?

My personal view is that it would be cheaper, far quicker, much easier
and more reliable to buy a computer and install Debian Linux on it
than it would be to set up a decent build environment on HP-UX from
scratch, but I'm not conversant with your imperatives.  If you can be
more forthcoming about your requirements I'm sure that there's plenty
of experience on the list for you to tap.

This is a confidential communication ... you are specifically
prohibited from copying this message ...  unless you receive written
authorisation from us to do.

I suppose I'd better get that written authorisation then, I wouldn't
want the Garda raiding my laptop ...

--

73,
Ged.