Yup.   Understood. *may* bring the key word in my email.

I'll ping Alain tomorrow if he can light the subject.

--
Joel Esler
iPhone

On Jul 26, 2016, at 11:14 PM, Al Varnell
<alvarn...@mac.com<mailto:alvarn...@mac.com>> wrote:

I hate having to point this out, but...

When Alain notified the list that the signature had been dropped on July 25,
2016 at 8:12:21 AM PDT, daily:21968 had just be published.

It wasn't until daily:21975 that the following appeared with the first dropped
entry:
ClamAV Signature Publishing Notice

Datefile:       daily
Version:        21975
Publisher:      Alain Zidouemba
New Sigs:       119
Dropped Sigs:   1
Ignored Sigs:   33
<snip>
Dropped Detection Signatures:

  * Xml.Exploit.CVE_2013_3860-1

When I checked before this update the signature was still present on the ClamAV
Virus Signature Search site.  When I checked shortly after this update it was
gone. So that would seem to make it a total of seven update cycles before it
was actually dropped.

And that still doesn't explain why three days went by between daily:21954 and
daily:21971 (eighteen cycles) with identical updates of:
ClamAV Signature Publishing Notice

Datefile:       daily
Version:        21971
Publisher:      Alain Zidouemba
New Sigs:       0
Dropped Sigs:   0
Ignored Sigs:   33

New Detection Signatures:

Dropped Detection Signatures:

But that question was asked in a different thread by a different user.

-Al-