robert k Wild <robertkw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can I install a clamav server and point all my clamav end users ie Mac
> Linux windows to the server to get update definitions

Yes. Setup your own mirror and point everything at it.

> and can I manage my
> clients from the server ie see if there online run scans and lock clients
> so they can't change settings?

As already said, that's the province of enterprise systems.
You should be able to "roll your own" with a combination of local permissions
management (stop users fiddling with settings), configuration management
systems (such as Puppet already mentioned, set configuration), centralised
logging and log analysis (see what is running when), and monitoring systems
(e.g. I use Nagios to monitor if ClamAV is up to date on my servers).