I'm not dismissing anything. (Except the notion that I am dismissing things).
I know one of our guys is monitoring the list during the holiday.  I'll ping
him.

--
Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 29, 2016, at 7:07 AM, Groach <groachmail-stopspammin...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 29/12/2016 09:32, Reindl Harald wrote:
>>
>>> Am 29.12.2016 um 10:21 schrieb Reindl Harald:
>>>
>>> state of the official sgnatures is that clamav don't catch many real
>>> malware all over the time without sanesecurity 3rd party signatures and
>>> the official
>>
>> given how much memory the instance with the officical signatures i am going
>> so far to say that i would love to be able to *completly* exclude
>> "daily.cld", "daily.cvd" and "main.cvd" and only update "safebrowsing.cvd"
>> and just keep the few sanesecurity signatures in the clamd-instance which is
>> allowed to reject directly via milter
>
> I couldnt agree more. Clam sigs have *never* caught a single threat - in many
> cases many MANY months after the threat had been and gone (I have documented
> evidence if anyone cares to read it). The only thing Clam has ever done is
> 'catch' false positives (yes, I mean "ONLY") - so much so that I have been
> forced to turn off quarantine/action upon threat and put it in to REPORT MODE
> only.  If I could exclude the Clam default signatures and just continue to
> use Sane then I would and then I could turn back on quarantining to make our
> systems safe again.  The irony is that Sane has been tested and proven by me
> to be the best Zero hour threat detector and thats why I have chosen it (even
> against all the big commercial boys)  but its built on and uses the Clam
> engine - yet its the default Clam signatures that stop me keeping my system
> safe despite Sane doing its work properly. (Its like Sane being employed by
> the police and telling the police of the intruder but the police not doing
> anythi
 ng about it because they would simploy go about arresting the intruder and
even the innocent premises owners and general public.  Answer: done tell the
police and just write it down instead.)