I agree.

Someone asking about a product providing what is, on the face of it, standard commercial or Enterprise class functions as available to many other commercial products (and definitely nothing wrong with asking about these things) does not constitute him "not having a clue" and it certainly doesnt warrant some condescending down-talk from someone he has never met and has NO IDEA on the level of competence of the poster in the first place. And the irony of saying "if you took that to a commercial supplier they would probably fall about laughing " makes one man look stupid...and it isnt the original poster asking about it. Many of the commercial applications provide exactly this as he is enquiring about.

G.W Haywood might have a "first class honours degree in engineering in 1976" but it certainly didnt get one in politeness or diplomacy.

Just rude and unnecessary.