Hi there,

On Wed, 26 Jul 2017, Beeblebrox wrote:

How can I setup IMAP incoming email scanning via ClamAV on a LAN
gateway.

If the clients are using IMAPS, which they probably should be doing,
and I guess they probably are, then you cannot do this without being
a Man In The Middle.  I guess you probably wouldn't want to do that.

... do I need to use an email proxy for this?

Yes, I think that's the sort of thing I'd be looking at, but it's a
substantial job of work.  Not so much setting up, as keeping up, and
it isn't inconceivable that you'd end up with something that is less
safe for your users than it was before you started.

Can you be a bit more forthcoming about the situation?

--

73,
Ged.