Thanks GW.

> If the clients are using IMAPS,
Yes IMAPS TLS. I could consider MIM as long as I do it right.

> Can you be a bit more forthcoming about the situation?
* Well, small LAN, known users, but visitors would be unknown users.
* I'm setting it up but won't be administering it. I need the gateway setup to
be fire-up & forget. The sysadmin is for emergencies and should not be able to
snoop through client emails (hence no-caching).
* The "user email account transparent auth" requirement is because a) user
might decide to change password and now they have to modify the proxy settings
b) Since devices are mobile, users have to configure a duplicate email account
for non-LAN use c) visitors problem.
* Any other detail please let me know.

> ... substantial job of work to keep up, and ... less safe for your users
That's a downer. I was looking at whether Perdition or Nginx might offer a
solution.

--
HardenedBSD_amd64_12-Current_RadeonKMS
Please CC my email when responding, mail from list is not delivered.