I think there was a patch issued over a week ago for the problem
0.99.3 has with newer versions of GCC.  Based on that I have two
questions.

 1. Will version 0.99.3 ever be revised so you do not have to use the patch?

2. If the answer to question 1 is “No”, what are the pros and cons of
staying with version 0.99.2 or switching to the 0.100.0 beta?  Is
there a clear cut preference? I have not installed the beta version
but I did try compiling it and did not run into any problems.