On 23/11/2018 22:45, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Friday 23 November 2018 03:43:40 Dennis Peterson wrote:

On 11/22/18 8:51 PM, Paul Kosinski wrote:
I wonder how many users of ClamAV actually log their freshclam
updates. Those who don't likely won't notice freshclam temporary
failures due to an out-of-sync condition.

I just checked logs on two systems dating from July 1 and see no
failures. I isolated the signature serial numbers and time tags and
all were received with clock like precision. Freshclam is launched
every three hours from cron.d and incorporates a randomizer to create
a delay to help avoid pileups on common cardinal clock positions. No
serial numbers were missed within the time slot.

dp

I did keep a tail on mine, but it Just Works(TM)  That is what its
supposed to do I believe. :)

As does mine, as it has since I don't know when, and my freshclam.conf has logging turned on.

It *didn't* work during the switch over to Cloudflare, but has been fine since that stabilised, but when it wasn't working I had a cron job that deleted "mirrors.dat" every hour, which reduced the failure rate.

But the OP has refused to consider trying that.

        Cheers,
                Gary    B-)