Now that you are subscribed to this list you will get an announcement whenever
a new version is released or if this list is too noisy for you, just subscribe
to clamav- announce <http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml>.

No need to uninstall, just download, configure, compile and install new
version, or check with your OS vendor to see if they have an update package. If
you tell us what platform you are using, someone might be able to help with
that.

Sent from my iPad

-Al-