On Wed 20/Mar/2019 21:52:49 +0100 Bowie Bailey wrote:

> I'm trying to build avfilter, but it is complaining that it can't find
> libclamav.  I
> have ClamAV 0.101.1 installed (built from source).  I was able to find
> libclamav.so
> in /usr/local/lib64/.  Do I need to specify that directory somewhere, or am I
> missing
> something else?  Do I need to do something special with ClamAV to get the dev
> stuff
> installed for the build?

V.3.5 configure script runs 'pkg-config --atleast-version=0.101.0 libclamav'
and complains "libclamav missing or too old" if that fails.  pkg-config is also
used to determine -l, -L, and -I.  Those tests should all succeed with a source
built.

If you cannot find libclamav at runtime, it may be due to the library path
having been moved to /usr/local.  In that case, you may have to run ldconfig or
adjust LD_LIBRARY_PATH or something to that end.

Best
Ale