On 03.10.19 11:05, Dennis Peterson wrote:
Does this obsolete earlier versions of ClamAV?

depending on what you exactly mean by obsoleting.
older versions will work and will be supported for some time.
but freshclam will warn about newer version available.

if you have installed clamav via any OS/distribution, you usually can trust
them to provide newer version soon.