Hi,

One point that seems to have been missed is that it is that 'clamdscan' is not necessarily creating the files in '/tmp'. It is most likely 'clamd' which is a separate independent program. Given this, 'clamdscan' will not know what files to exclude form '/tmp' unless the clamd/clamdscan communications protocol is enhanced to address this. I do not think that such an enhancement is justified or desirable given the usage cases for 'clamd'.

Put simply, do not scan the directory where 'clamd' has been told to put its temporary files as this will is likely to cause issues.

I hope that this helps clarify some of the issues.

Regards
        Mark.